The Homebuyer Report
The main features of a Homebuyer Report are:
- It is an economy package. Owing to the practical limits of the type of property and the scope of its coverage, the Homebuyer Service is priced economically – more expensive than the lender’s mortgage valuation, but less than the Building Survey
- The surveyor’s main objectives are to assist the client in making a reasoned and informed judgement on whether to proceed with the purchase, to assess whether or not the agreed price is reasonable and to be clear as to what decisions/action should be taken before exchange of contracts
- The surveyor also gives his/her professional opinion on those features of the property which affect present value and might affect future re-sale potential. The concise report covers the inside and outside of the services and the site.
- The general condition and features of the property
- Particular matters that should be referred to the client’s legal advisers
- Other relevant considerations i.e. safety matters, location, environment, insurance etc.